Checklist for when vacating the property
Thank you for giving us advanced notice that you are vacating. We have every intention of returning all of your security deposit as long as you have fulfilled your agreement with us.
Now that you are moving out, your lease requires that you leave the apartment / house in a clean and undamaged condition. It is our intention to (and we know it is yours too) have a clean livable rental inside and out, to present to the new tenants on their move-in day.
You will be in the process of packing your belongings. Use this time before vacating to discard any of your personal property that you will not be taking with you. Large items may require special arrangements for their removal, etc.
Please keep in mind that these arrangements need to be made as soon as possible to avoid leaving the premises with accumulations of materials and debris.
See instructions Clean an Apartment / House
Specifically, you should:
- Begin to put out all unwanted items for trash or special pick-up. (Avoid piles of debris in front of your home on moving day.) In the event that you vacate, abandoning personal property or junk on the premises or in front of the property, you may be held responsible for the cost of removal for those materials.
- Remove all food, debris, and other personal belongings.
- Clean (and defrost the freezer if necessary) the refrigerator.
- Clean stovetop, oven and any other appliances.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs.
- Clean all floors and / or carpeting.
- Be sure grounds and lawn are trim and clean, free of weeds, leaves, etc.
- Report any and all damage in writing.
- Upon leaving, please be sure to fully secure the apartment/house by locking all windows and doors.
IMPORTANT: Please return all the apartment / house keys and / or security fobs, car park fobs, parking permits and post box keys, that you received from KMPM, to our office on the date you have advised our office you will be vacating. If the keys are not returned on time, then you could find yourself liable for rent for additional days beyond the agreed departure date.
After you have vacated the property, it will be inspected for compliance with your lease/rental agreement and the expense of cleaning or repairing damage, if any, will be charged against your security deposit. You will be notified of any charges.
Fobs and car parking permits obtained from the block management company need to be returned to them and any deposits for these recouped from that block management company
We know how difficult it can be to be moving, so please accept our thanks for all your cooperation and would like to wish you the Best of Luck in your new home.